This soft, luxurious cream is made from scratch using gentle, soothing ingredients.
- 350gm Water
- 20gm Aloe vera gel
- 2.5gm Glycerine
- 40gm Vegetable based emulsifying wax
- 60gm Sweet almond oil
20gm Cocoa butter
- 5gm Optiphen plus preservative
- 2.5gm Vitamin e
- Lavender essential oil (quantity sufficient to your desired fragrance level)
- 2 Jugs or beakers (or saucepans if you prefer to use the stove)
- 2 Glass Thermometers or 1 Infrared thermometer
- Stick blender or whisk
- Containers to put finished cream in - jars or headstand tubes are best.
- Isopropyl alcohol (isocol from the chemist) in a spray bottle
- Paper towel
- Make sure your work area and tools are clean at a minimum - sterile is better.
- Prepare pots or head stand tubes by ensuring they are clean and dry. Spritz with isopropyl alcohol , leave 2 minutes and wipe out with paper towel to steralize them.
- Place stage 1 ingredients in a jug or beaker and microwave until hot, or place in a saucepan over low heat.
- Place stage 2 ingredients in a seperate jug or beaker (or saucepan) and heat until solid ingredients are melted.
- Allow the contents of both containers to cool to 75-80ºc. Juggle the temperatures with a little more heating or some cool water in a sink depending on what is needed. The next step works much more effectively with the correct temperatures.
With a stick blender (ideal) or a whisk in motion slowly pour the water phase into the oil phase until all combined. Beat for 1-2 minutes. If using a stick blender ensure the container is deep enough to ensure the blades are covered with fluid at all times or it will get spattered everywhere.
- Allow to cool, beating periodically to ensure the emulsion holds. If your mix shows signs of seperating (this happens sometimes) dont panic , just get right back to mixing the two back together.
- When the temperature is 40ºc or below, phase 3 can be added. Make sure you mix this through thoroughly and then scoop into the prepared containers of your choice. This wonderful cream is fabulous on dried hands, elbows and knees, and everywhere it may be needed.