This is a downloadable program from a code emailed to you when your order is processed. The program can then be uploaded to your computer without having to wait any longer for delivery.
The new improved SoapMaker program now allows you to:
||Create your own recipes, selecting from more than 80 base oils. Include your additives too. SoapMaker calculates lye and water, as well as the cost per bar using your ingredient costs.
||SoapMaker handles solid, liquid and cream soap recipes. Use it for other products too, such as lotions or candles.
||Experiment with soap recipes and see how they'll turn out before you make the soap... SoapMaker's unique recipe qualities graph shows you the predicted hardness, lather and moisturizing qualities.
||Store all your recipes and organize them by category, type, date and cost.
||Manage your inventory of supplies and products with automated stocklists, purchase and sales history, and much more.
||Create customer invoices automatically from your sales records.
SoapMaker provides a fully integrated set of tools to manage many aspects of your business. Here is a list of features:
Ease of use
- Toolbars provide buttons for most commands, with pop-up tooltips explaining the use of each.
- Context menus - Right-click for a pop-up menu of available commands.
- Context help - Clicking any Help button opens the users manual to the page relevant to the current task.
- Autotype - When entering recipe ingredients, start typing and SoapMaker will fill in the rest.
- Wizards - Several windows within SoapMaker feature a pop-out Wizard panel which will guide you step-by-step through each task.
- Daily tips - Whenever you open the program, an optional 'Tip of the Day' will tell you something about using the program.
- A handy conversion calculator converts any weight or volume measure to any other.
Recipe Design and Management
- Design your own recipes from scratch, or start with one of the example recipes provided.
You can make solid, liquid or cream soap recipes, as well as non-soap recipes such as lotions, candles or 'melt and pour' soap.
- Select ingredients from the built-in list of more than 80 oils, and your own database of additives like scents and colors.
- Lye and water amounts are calculated automatically for soap recipes (with option for pre-mixed Lye).
- Water quantity can be adjusted automatically to compensate for liquid additives.
- Enter ingredient amounts in any units of weight or volume -
SoapMaker converts to the weight units and precision that matches your scale.
- Resize a recipe instantly to fit your molds, or to any desired weight or volume.
- Graphic Display of soap qualities - hardness, lather and moisturizing
- Test your recipe before you make the soap
- With the Dynamic Graph feature, watch the graph change instantly as you vary the proportions of different oils
- Compare recipes with each other
- Set your favorite recipe as your 'benchmark'
- Each recipe's fatty acid composition is shown
- Recipe costs are calculated based on your ingredient costs
- Both overall cost and cost per bar/portion are displayed
(Select either bar/portion size, or number of bars/portions in the recipe).
- Packaging items like labels, bottles, etc. can be included in recipes to see the total recipe cost
(You can even include your labor cost).
- Compare different recipe costs in a sorted list
- Recipe organization -
- All your precious recipes are saved in SoapMaker's database
- You can organize your recipes into groups (like folders).
- View your recipes in a list, organized by group, recipe type, name, date saved or cost.
- Recipes can be printed or exported as text.
- You can also print or export the ingredient list (with INCI names) sorted by quantity to use in making your labels.
- Resizing recipes - You can have SoapMaker scale a recipe larger or smaller:
- to a desired weight or volume
- to a percentage of the original size
- to fit a specified mold or set of molds
A tool is provided to help you define your molds and calculate their volume. You can then simply select from a list of all your molds whenever you resize a recipe.
- Stocklist -
Your supplies stocklist shows all the oils, lye and water, additives and packaging items used in your recipes and products. The stocklist shows for each item:
- the quantity in stock
- the value based on your cost
- the unit cost (e.g. $/ounce) that will be used in recipes
- a graphic icon indicating whether stock is sufficient, has fallen below your 're-order' level, or is zero.
You can choose to display all items, or only those which need replenishing.
Total stock values are also displayed:
- Total for each type of supply (e.g. oil, additive, packaging)
- Total value of your entire stock
- Making a batch - Whenever you 'make a batch' with one of your recipes:
- Supply stocks are deducted automatically.
- The products made are added to your products inventory
- A warning will show if you have insufficient stock for one or more ingredients.
- Recording purchases:
- Include all the items that were part of a single shipment
- Add overheads like shipping and taxes
- The overheads are allocated proportionally across all items in the shipment to reflect the true costs.
- Supply stocks are automatically adjusted to include the newly purchased amounts.
- Unit costs are changed to reflect the new purchase costs.
- Blends and Infusions:
- Create your own custom blend of two or more ingredients.
- 'Make a batch' with the blend formula - your stocklist is adjusted to add the blend amount and deduct the component ingredient amounts.
- Use the blend in your recipes and products like any other ingredient.
- The Purchase History Report shows a list of purchases for a selected supply item.
Each list entry includes:
- the date that lot was purchased and the supplier's name
- the quantity purchased, and the cost
- how much of that lot remains in stock
- The Supply Orders Report shows a list of all purchase orders. Each list entry includes:
By selecting a particular order, you can see the details.
- the date the order was purchased
- the supplier's name
- the total cost of the order
- List Recipes Report - shows all the recipes which use a particular ingredient. From this report you can:
- open a recipe
- delete a recipe if you no longer need it
- Usage Report - lists all the product batches you have made using a particular ingredient or packaging item.
- You can select a specific date range
- The list can be sorted by date, recipe name, or quantity used
- Shopping List - This production planning tool helps determine what supplies you need to purchase.
- Choose how many and which recipes you plan to make...
- SoapMaker calculates the additional quantities of each ingredient you will need to buy.
- Product Inventory - Your products list shows the status and history of every product batch made.
Whenever you 'make a batch' with one of your recipes, the batch is added to your inventory. For each batch you can see:
- The descriptive name of the product
- the recipe used
- date made
- whether it is cured and ready to sell
- number of bars/portions made, sold, and remaining in stock
The batch list can be sorted by any column. The list can be set to view:
- All batches made
- Only batches made with a particular recipe or group of recipes
- Batches made within a selected date range
- Only batches which still have stock remaining
- By selecting a batch from the list, you can see:
- The total cost and size of the batch
- Up to 4 different sized bars/portions made from the batch
- The number of bars/portions made of each size, and the number remaining in stock
- The cost per bar/portion
- Recording sales:
- You create a sales register for a single customer order (or for a sales venue such as a craft show or farmers market, etc.)
- For each batch included in the sale, you select the product sizes and quantities sold, and your price.
- You can include overheads such as shipping or taxes, and specify a customer discount.
- When you save the sales register, the products sold are automatically deducted from your product inventory.
- You can print a customer invoice from the sales register.
- Invoices Report:
- Lists all invoices, or only unpaid ones
- Select one to see the contents, or to mark it paid
- Sales History Report: This comprehensive report lists individual products sold. You can view:
- All sales
- Only products from a particular recipe or group of recipes
- Only products sold to a particular customer (or at a particular venue)
- Only sales within a selected date range
For each product listed, the report shows:
- The date of the sale
- The batch number and recipe name
- The customer (or venue)
- The invoice which included this sale
- The product size and quantity
- The unit price and total price
- Your profit margin
Your total revenue and profit margin are shown for the items listed. By selecting an item from the list, you can:
- View the invoice that included this sale
- Open your customer list to see contact information for this customer
SUITABLE FOR WINDOWS ONLY SoapMaker is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 'S' or 'S-mode' as these versions of Windows cannot run legacy apps like SoapMaker.