A truly fantastic soy wax that ticks all the boxes.
Wax formulas for candles can be difficult to say the least. Pillar candles, especially, are tricky and need top ups that are often visible, damaging the visual appeal of your creations.
It's almost impossible to achieve both good glassware adhesion and a significant fragrance throw. Yet another problem is achieving melts with an amazing scent that don't melt and ooze at the market stall in Summer. How on earth can you achieve all this?! Surely this wax is merely a dream, a figment of our imaginations....
Dream no longer! Your perfect wax is here!
Heirloom have been working closely with an Australian manufacturing company who are dedicated to making a soy candle blend that ticks all these boxes, and we are now pleased to announce that we have exclusive rights to OzSoy Ultimate, the soy wax we've all been waiting for.
Generally, when making ANY candles or melts with OzSoy Ultimate:
- The manufacturing area should be clean, draught-free with minimal temperature variation.
- Any glassware should be washed and dried.
- Fragrance loading of 7-10% is workable without the need for additives
- Do not overheat, maximum temperature 110°C
- Do not stir violently.
- Temperature Control is paramount.
Specifically, when making CONTAINER Candles with OzSoy Ultimate:
- The containers should not be cold, but preferably warm i.e. 50°C minimum.
- OzSoy Ultimate when made into container candles should be poured at 85-90°C, with minimal aeration. Cooling should be as slow as possible, even insulate the containers with blankets, insulating batts. Or twin cushion cardboard.
Specifically, when making PILLAR Candles and Melts:
- When made into pillar candles or melts pour at 65-70ºC and do not insulate.
- To unmould, you may need to refrigerate for an hour or so when set followed by a little attention with a hairdryer or heat gun.
Our OzSoy Ultimate wax is a soy/paraffin blend that enables excellent fragrance hold, adhesion and versatility.