This is a wonderful soak in cream that is cool and soothing, and just an all round good moisturizing cream.
- Avocado oil 4g
- Macadamia oil 3g
- Almond oil 4g
- Shea butter 4g
- Mango butter 2g
- Jojoba oil 4g
- Evening primrose oil 1g
- Glycerine 5g
- Demineralised water 45g
- Aloe vera gel 20g
- Emulsifying wax 5g
- Stearic acid 2g
Phase C (add any or all when cream has cooled below 40 deg)
- Vitamin E 1g
- Sodium lactate can be used instead of glycerine 2g instead of 5g and added in the phase C instead of B
- Essential oil/fragrance oil can be used at 2% of mix above.
- Preservative of choice at recommended amounts
- Heat phase A and B separately to about 70ºc . Heat the oils in a deep dish double boiler and the B phase in a jug in the microwave oven.
- When oils and waxes are fully melted remove from the water (bottom pan).
- Add the heated water to the oils in a steady fast flowing stream while stirring (don't pour to slow or it can cause separation later on.)
- Mix with a stick blender, and continue with short bursts every few minutes until the mix thickens and cools.
- Add your desired ingredients from phase C.
Many thanks to Nicole Churchward for supplying this recipe.