You have no items in your shopping cart.
This palm free soap recipe is creamy and luxurious.
- Coconut oil 300gm
- Macadamia nut oil 300gm
- Olive oil 250gm
- Shea butter 100gm
- Castor oil 50gm
- Coconut milk 300gm
- Lye 141gm
- Sodium lactate 30gm
- Sweetcakes coconut fo 30gm
- Desiccated coconut to garnish
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Freeze coconut milk to a slushy firmness.
- Add lye slowly to the coconut milk, stirring thoroughly to ensure all lye is dissolved. Allow to cool to 40ºc. Add sodium lactate.
- Melt oils in saucepan. Allow to cool to 40ºc.
- Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. Stick blend until light trace.
- Add colour (if desired) and fragrance oil and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
For more information on palm oil effects on orangutan populations please visit www.orangutan.org.au/palmoil
by Kerry Pearson
Heirloom Body Care
Please test all recipes to ensure they meet your requirements. No guarantee is offered for the performance of any recipe offered.