This cold process soap recipe assumes you have basic knowledge of making soap from scratch. If this is not the case please study our tutorial on cold process soap making before attempting this recipe.
- 340gm Coconut oil (rbd or extra virgin)
- 300gm Palm oil
- 100gm Macadamia oil
- 100gm Olive oil
- 90gm Carrot infused oil
- 50gm Shea butter
- 20gm Castor oil
- 144gm Caustic soda/lye
- 300gm Water
- 15gm White grapefruit essential oil
- 15gm Lime essential oil
- 10gm Clementine fragrance oil
- Gently melt solid oils using either direct heat or a microwave.
- Add liquid oils and stir thoroughly
- Allow to cool to 38ºc
- While wearing minimum PPE of gloves and goggles sprinkle caustic soda over water while stirring gently - avoid inhaling fumes.
- Allow to cool to 38ºc.
- Gently stir oils while adding water phase. Use stick blender to bring to light trace.
- Add fragrant components and stir well with a spoon to combine.
- Pour into a mould of your choice.
- Allow to sit undisturbed for 24 hours before unmoulding and cutting if required.
- Cure for 4 weeks before use