You have no items in your shopping cart.
A gentle handmade soap using the properties of avocado oil and cocoa butter to make a beautiful bar.
- 250gm Rice bran oil
- 200gm Avocado oil
- 200gm Palm oil
- 200gm Coconut oil
- 50gm Cocoa Butter
- 125gm Lye (caustic soda)
- 230gm Water
- 1.5 teaspoons Australian green clay
- 10gm Sodium lactate
- 30ml Lime essential oil
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure water into container. measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the water while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. add sodium lactate. Mix clay with 60gm extra water to make a smooth slurry and add to the lye mix just before combining.
- Heat oils until just melted. allow to cool to 40ºc. Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. stick blend until light trace.
- Add lime essential oil and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours.
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
- This soap will turn out a grey green using clay. If you prefer a brighter colour liquid soap colour will lift this for you, either used instead of the clay, or as well as it.
- The pictured soap has had a touch of rubine liquid soap used instead of the clay.
by Kerry Pearson
Heirloom Body Care
Please test all recipes to ensure they meet your requirements. No guarantee is offered for the performance of any recipe offered.