You have no items in your shopping cart.
This gorgeous orange soap is naturally coloured with carrot juice and freshly scented with lemon myrtle essential oil - what a combination.
- 300gm Olive oil
- 250gm Palm oil
- 250gm Soybean oil
- 200gm Coconut oil
- 300gm Carrot juice
- 140gm Lye
- 30gm Sodium lactate
- 20ml Lemon myrtle essential oil
- 2 tbs Calendula petals
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure cold carrot juice into container (make up to total amount with water if you don’t have enough).
- Measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the carrot juice while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. Add sodium lactate.
- Heat oils until just melted. Allow to cool to 40ºc. Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. Stick blend until light trace.
- Add lemon myrtle essential oil and calendula petals and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours.
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
by Kerry Pearson
Heirloom Body Care
Please test all recipes to ensure they meet your requirements. No guarantee is offered for the performance of any recipe offered.