Fresh and fruity with a wonderful skin feel - what more could you ask of a soap?
- 500ml Macadamia nut oil
- 250gm Coconut oil
- 250gm Soybean oil
- 320gm Water
- 141gm Lye
- 30gm Sodium lactate
- 1 teaspoon Rubine liquid soap colour
- 30gm Pomegranate fragrance oil (sweetcakes)
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure water into container. Measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the water while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. Add sodium lactate and rubine colour.
- Heat oils until just melted. Allow to cool to 40ºc. Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. stick blend until light trace.
- Add fragrance oil and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s and insulate if required.
- Unmould after 24hours
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
To make an informed decision about using palm oil please visit www.orangutan.org.au/palmoil
by Kerry Pearson
Heirloom Body Care
Please test all recipes to ensure they meet your requirements. No guarantee is offered for the performance of any recipe offered.