This fresh and creamy soap will impress the skin troubled people in your life.
- 500gm melt and pour goat's milk soap base
- 1/2 teaspoon Mango butter
- 1 teaspooon Shea butter
- 1 teaspoon Aloe vera gel
- 1 tbl White clay
- 1 - 2 tbl Ground almond meal
- 25 drops Sweet orange essential oil
- Yellow or orange liquid soap colour, or leave uncoloured.
- Melt soap base gently.
- Add the mango and shea butters, stirring until the butter has melted and blended into the base. Reheat gently if required.
- Stir in the aloe vera gel.
- Place white clay in a separate dish, spooning in a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of the melted soap. Mix into a paste.
- Once the clay is thoroughly blended, add this mixture to the larger batch of melted soap base. This technique eliminates clumping.
- Stir in the almond meal, and keep stirring until the soap base begins to thicken slightly. This will help suspend the meal throughout the soap, rather than sinking to the bottom of your mould.
- Mix in the essential oil before the mixture gets too thick. Adding eo to the soap base at the coolest possible temperature will help keep the scent strong, but don't wait too long or your soap will begin to skin over.
- Pour into moulds and allow to cool thoroughly.
- When completely set unmould and wrap in cling wrap or shrink wrapped and stored in a cool dark location, like closet or drawer until ready to use.
This recipe was kindly contributed by Tanya Chappell whose premade products may be secured by contacting her on firstname.lastname@example.org (in the newcastle area.)