You have no items in your shopping cart.
A true body butter recipe using all oil and no water to make an extremely rich and moisturising product that is slow to sink into your skin, but oh so good for incredibly dry skin. If you are looking for a thick cream that is called a body butter in recent years please investigate our coconut body butter recipe that is made in this format.
Please note that this recipe is to make a true body butter rather than the thick cream that is sold commercially under this name.
- 3g Avocado oil
- 10g Cocoa butter (melt separately)
- 10g Jojoba oil
- 6g Olive oil
- 2g Evening primrose oil
- 69g Shea butter
- Optional - 1% Chocolate Truffles fragrance oil (or other fragrance of your choice)
- Melt cocoa butter in microwave oven.
- Add other ingredients and heat until shea butter is soft.
- Mix with a hand beater until fluffy peaks form. This is a butter not a cream, and as such will return to a butter consistency. This product is good in cooler weather as it is fine at room temps but will melt outside in hot weather.
If you are looking for the emulsified cream with water and oil please look to Fresh Body Butter
Heirloom Body Care Admin