You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fresh Body Butter is a moisturising oil in water thick, rich cream that is fully emulsified to hold well through its life. While a true body butter is whipped butters with added oil to soften, the emulsified version has fast become the favourite with its reduced greasiness and easy absorption.
This cream recipe is broken into 3 phases, the oil phase, the water phase, and the additives phase.
- 75gm Almond oil
- 75gm Apricot kernel oil
- 100gm Shea butter Refined
- 10gm Mango butter
- 60gm Emulsifying wax BTMS 25
- 30gm Stearic acid
- 610gm distilled or demineralised water
- 20gm Sodium lactate
- Weigh out your oil phase ingredients and place them in a double boiler arrangement or on low direct heat on the stove.
- Weigh out your water phase ingredients into a separate pot and treat as you have the oil phase.
- Heat both until they are 70ºc.
- Remove from the heat and combine using a hand beater or stick blender, beating for several minutes to ensure emulsion.
- Blend periodically after this to ensure the ingredients stay unified until your mix reaches 45ºc.
- Mix in your additives phase and stir well to ensure everything has been evenly combined and allow to cool completely to room temperature before transferring to jars and capping tightly.
If you are looking for a true body butter, just made from oils and butters may we suggest the Body Butter Base recipe?