You have no items in your shopping cart.
Natural deodorant does not need to be hard to make. If you're looking for an alternative to commercial deodorants, you're in the right place. Zinc Ricinoleate is a natural deodorant ingredient that effectively neutralizes odor-causing bacteria without blocking sweat glands. Try this recipe in your own deodorant style Try this recipe to set you on the path to personal freedom
- 3 tablespoons (40gm) of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (25gm) of shea butter
- 3g of Zinc Ricinoleate
- 2 tablespoons (40gm) of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons (15gm) of cornstarch
- 2gm Triethyl Citrate (Natural)-Dermofeel Tec Eco (optional)
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (such as lavender or tea tree)
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, zinc ricinoleate and triethyls citrate in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat. Add the baking soda and cornstarch and stir well.
- Allow to cool slightly add the essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a deodorant container and let it cool and solidify.
Makes 60gm of paste for a pot for summer or a 50gm deodorant bar for winter. If you wish, add 2gm beeswax during the melting process to make it firm enough for a bar in summer if it gets very hot where you are.