You have no items in your shopping cart.
A cold process shampoo bar with additional clay to assist with cleansing and conditioning.
A cold process shampoo bar that is great for travelling.
Many thanks to Nicole Churchward for supplying this recipe.
- Avocado oil 40g ( 4%)
- Castor oil 150g (15%)
- Coconut oil 250g (25%)
- Hemp oil 20g (2 %)
- Jojoba oil 10g (1%)
- Olive oil 330g (33%)
- Palm oil 200g (20%)
- Sodium Lactate 10gm
- Water 345gr
- Lye 140g
- Clay pink 5gr
- Rosemary eo 5g
- Lavender eo 5g
Always wear protective goggles, gloves and other safety clothing when handling caustic materials.
- Measure water into container. measure lye into a separate container.
- Slowly pour the lye into the water while stirring slowly and consistently.
- Allow to cool to 40ºc. add sodium lactate.
- Heat oils until just melted. allow to cool to 40ºc. Pour lye mix carefully into oils and stir well. stick blend until light trace.
- Add clay and essential oils and stir well.
- Pour into prepared mould/s. Insulation should not be required as this heats a bit more than most.
- Unmould after 24hours.
- Allow to cure for 4 weeks minimum.
Heirloom Body Care Admin