With bath bombs being incredibly popular at the moment, making your own is a very economic decision.
- 1 1/2 cups Bi-carbonate of soda
- ½ cup Citric acid
- Cocoa butter
- Powder colour
- Flowers if desired
- Water in spray bottle
- Bath bomb mould
- Mix bi-carbonate of soda, citric acid and colour powder together in a large bowl. Break up any lumps that may be present.
- Add fragrance to bowl and mix well. Take ½ cup of mixture and place in a smaller bowl.
- If desired, place a small quantity of flowers into the mould.
- Using a vegetable peeler, scrape a little cocoa butter into the bowl and mix well. Spray mix with several squirts of water and combine all ingredients quickly to reduce fizzing. Mix needs to be the consistency of damp sand.
- Flat mould:Pack ½ the mould with the mix and press down firmly. fill the remainder of mould, Compress and level off the top evenly. continue until all mix has been used.
- Two part mould: Pack both sides 3/4 full of mix. Place a pile of mix on one half of the mould and firmly place the other half over it and compress firmly together.
- Unmould very carefully after 10 minutes and allow to dry undisturbed before packaging.
Should you wish a more complicated recipe involving surfactants, epsom salts and clays please see our Deluxe Bath Bomb Kit
Please test all recipes to ensure they meet your requirements. No guarantee is offered for the performance of any recipe offered.